Saturday, August 8, 2015

Some behind the scenes crap!

Hey y'all!

So I haven't been posting lately (though I had called it) but that doesn't mean I haven't been hard at work here.

If you've been checking in daily (which at this point I couldn't imagine there are too many of y'all (and those who do, awwww!)) you've may have noticed things being moved around and changed; do not adjust your set.  Here are the changes that I have settled on!

  • Added HTML scripts to the sidebar
    • Social Media buttons
    • Recent posts feed
  • Created Goodreads profile
  • Added HTML scripts to the footer
    • Currently reading/read/to-read widget (Goodreads)
  • Made adjustments to fonts
  • Made adjustments to widths
  • Created an About.Me profile
    • Replaced the 'About me' tab to 'Author Bio'
    • Made it a redirect to above profile
That's just THIS blog! I also changed/fixed/added items to my tumblr blog. The big thing is that I added two pages there that are not here.  What I like to write about (HERE) and Current & Planned Work (HERE). The content of C&PW will end up getting disseminated in the individual pages I have created for each project...

...oh yeah, I've been adding a whole bunch of pages.

It was all started when I wanted to create a complex taxonomic site map...which I did HERE.  It's not finished by any means, many of the pages under the books are just placeholders until I can sit down and polish them. The other links will mainly direct you to either the page already set up, or the tag in which relates. That's another thing, I've added more tags to separate the posts on this blog. For example, all writer advice is going to be tagged as such, but will include another tag to differentiate what part of the writing process it covers...so in the site map you can click that specific option and get relevant information!

So that's about it! Lots of changes and additions, all in the hopes of creating more of a website feel whilst I am too poor to afford actual website building professionals. :/

Cheers!

-Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment